Friday, December 22, 2017

Happy Holidays from Sensei Collins

As Christmas is fasy approaching on a few days away, we Christians are celebrating the Birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus who died for the sins of his fellow man, but was born from the womb of the Virgin Mary, the first begotten Son of Yahweh.

Yet, I say happy Holidays because this is a time of many celebrations across many faiths and cultures. And I have friends across them all, some people however feel that you must acknowledge that... I find it more personal when my Jewish friends wish me a happy Hanukkah, and my Wiccan friends wish me a Merry Winter Solstice because they drawing me into their Holiday Season, their culture and their lives.

So as a Christian, I wish you a Merry Christmas. If you are not a Christian, I want to want share my Holiday spirit with you.

As we celebrate the our different Holiday traditions. Let us all remember this is a time celebrating the end of old, and venturing into the new. As such, I want to leave behind the negativity that has plagued my life in the last few years. I want to return to the Christian traditions I was raised under. Celebrating the Birth of Jesus, isn't about separating from the Hebrew tradition of the Judaism. It is about realizing the fulfilment of Old Testament Prophesy. The Old Testament is called the Tenakh or Hebrew Bible comprised of the Torah, Nevi'im and Ketuvim texts.

In the Spirit of the message preached by Jesus. I want to forgive everyone who has ever tried to cause me harm and pain. And I pray that they can forgive me. Who started what is not as important as who chooses to end it.

I am choosing to share my faith, admit that I am a sinner and that I am imperfect but, that my belief system, teaches me to forgive others, to wish them well and not to judge them. And, when I wish you a Merry Christmas, it is because I wish to empart to you a spirit of forgiveness, compassion and brotherly love toward my fellow man.

So Merry Christmas and in the spirit of forgiveness, compassion and brotherly love toward my fellow man, may you approach the new year with peace, love and the blessings of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to assume this sentiment of forgiveness means that your lawsuit went nowhere as some of tried to warn you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know what they sat about assumptions? Assumptions make an ass out of me and an ass out of you.

    ReplyDelete